腹を割る a heart-to-heart (talk); be frank; tell all [Japanese Idiom]
腹を割る – a heart-to-heart (talk); be frank
- hara wo waru
- a heart-to-heart (talk); be frank; tell all
kyou wa, otagai ni hara wo watte hanasou.
- Let’s sit down for a heart-to-heart today.
- 今日 kyou – today
- は wa – (the topic marker–sets “today” as the main topic of the sentence.)
- お互いに o tagai ni – together; with each other; mutually
- 腹 hara – belly; stomach
- 割って watte – cut; cut open
- 話そう hanasou – let’s talk
Is this site helping your Japanese? Do you have a spare $1 to help Clay pay the bills?
Leave your comment below!