Featured by Apple in Education | Universal App (iPhone, iPod Touch, AND iPad)
Perfect for those just starting out with Japanese. Designed for those with little or no Japanese knowledge, this iPhone app has hundreds of phrases and over 2,700 audio files recorded by a professional native voice actress. Dozens of cultural notes make this audio phrase app all the more useful.
NEW! Lessons totally redone with better navigation and now study with spaced repetition.
2,700+ Japanese Phrases all with sound; hundreds of lessons; constant updates
“Regularly updated, large variety of ways to learn. Has to be one of the best Japanese apps out there” – user review
450+ words and phrases all with sound, flashcards, and quizzes. Absolutely FREE!
Many more words and phrases for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad (2,700+ sound files)
for BEGINNERS and Upper Beginners
Perfect for those just starting out with Japanese. Designed for those with little or no Japanese knowledge, this iPhone app has over 2,700 audio files of Japanese phrases recorded by a professional native voice actress. Many phrases have cultural notes to make this audio phrase app all the more useful.
The lesson section has HUNDREDS of pages on hiragana, katakana, grammar, and more. PLUS EVERY Japanese found on the pages has a sound file that plays when tapped.
Although this will be helpful for those traveling in Japan, it isn’t designed to be a travel phrasebook, but a conversation phrasebook. It is best for those who want to quickly learn conversational Japanese with correct pronunciation. The words and phrases encountered here are among the most used in everyday conversational Japanese.
Nothing can take the place of a good textbook and this is certainly not an attempt to do so. We highly recommend getting a textbook to keep your learning structured and regular.
A great way to learn vocabulary and grammar is to memorize phrases and to know when to use them.
Listening and repeating the words and phrases also help improve pronunciation and listening comprehension.
This Application includes:
* 2,700+ crystal clear audio recordings
* Recorded by a native speaker
* Hundreds of lesson articles all with sound for the Japanese
* Organized into logical and useful categories.
* Interactive multiple choice quizzes for every category
* Flashcard Function for all words and phrases
* Spaced Repetition – view words you don’t know more often
* Random — randomly display one of the 2,700 phrases or words
* Study Bank — favorite any phrase to study or email to you later
* Settings: Turn on or off ROMAJI!
* Settings: Turn on or off Auto Play
* SEARCH — now you can quickly find any word or phrase in the app
* Works even without a network connection (except for a few videos in the lessons)